The townhomes at 1500 Chase Ave. and 4205 Fergus St. are located in the vibrant neighborhood of Northside Cincinnati. These townhomes are an outstanding example of Model Group’s mission of revitalizing neighborhoods through creative solutions. The building on the corner of Chase Ave. and Fergus St. was a neighborhood eyesore for many decades and uninhabitable in recent years. Originally a mixed use building of commercial space and apartments, this historic building had fallen into despair. With the help of Neighborhood Stabilization Funds, and the City of Cincinnati, the Model Group was able to covert this building into two LEED for Homes certified townhomes. This adaptive re-use project kept many original features of the historic building, while also incorporating modern amenities and energy efficient upgrades.
As LEED certified homes, the Townhomes at Chase and Fergus offer a healthier living experience through the use of safe and local building materials, money-saving energy-efficient utilities and appliances, and smart livable design. Low VOC paints and adhesives were used throughout the homes, which improves the interior air quality. Additionally much of the construction waste from the renovation of the building was diverted from landfills and recycled! To learn more about LEED go to www.usgbc.org. The Townhomes at Chase and Fergus are currently tracking towards LEED for Homes certification (LEED Scorecard).
Project amenities include:
- Energy Star Appliances to keep utility costs down
- Spray-in icynene insulation in walls and ceilings
- Aluminum clad wood windows with insulated glass
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Recycled or environmentally friendly building materials
- Outdoor Courtyard Green Space
- High-Efficiency central heating and cooling
- Many original historic features
- Easy access to public transportation
- Located minutes from downtown and amenities